Sunday, June 25, 2006

Freezing Luky



You'd think that we would never want to return to freezing temperatures but we couldn't help ourselves when we heard of Ice World. A warehouse with temps at 10 degrees F. filled with ice sculptures and slides. We took Luky, our driver, in to show him what weather at home can be like. I never saw some one who looked like they were in such pain! We found some snow and I placed it in his hand, he screamed! Whipping down the luge like slides brought a smile to his face though. Later he said that was the first time he had ever been so cold. Heck, 10 degrees is a warm day for a Wisconsin winter!
Then we checked out the Gotheborg, a replica of a tall ship from Sweden that used to sail the spice trade here to Jakarta. It was thrilling to see other tall blond people, I wanted to hug them. Is Claire as tall as me? Heavens, when did that happen?

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s so cool! I wish I could have been there to see lukys face! hahaha. That would have been great. I just need to let all of you know one more time, how grateful I am for everything and its good to see that life goes on after Jo and Kathy...
by the way, yall haven’t come across anything we left have you? I just got back to my place to find that green zip pouch of mine missing. Well, if you come across it, or anything else we left, let us know!
Thanks again and continue to blog!
-jo
jonichole@sbcglobal.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home