Sunday, January 15, 2006

California is so ....not Wisconsin!

What a beautiful weekend, California is so ....not Wisconsin! We waded in the Pacific, walked among the amazing redwoods in Muir forest, watched the sunset from the top of Mount Tamalpais over looking the bay and city of San Fransisco. Spent another day hopping on and off the trolley car in the city. Wondered around Fisherman's Wharf. Chinatown was abuzz with shoppers getting their evening meal in open air markets. Made me think I would be shopping in a similar fashion once we reach Indonesia.

It is working out well to have this time away from home first before leaving the country. The E-school takes getting used to. I am really Claire's teacher, not just a "coach". We get all the help we need and do have to send in some work to her teacher back in Appleton, but I do the bulk of the instruction. I am glad I can get used to it first before we are in another country and we are having to to get used to that too.

Speaking of which, our address in Indonesia has changed. We are not staying at the Ascott but now at another place. It is supposed to be even more fabulous but I will believe it when I see it. If any one wants to mail us anything I would recommend just sending it to our PO box as it will then get forwarded on to us where ever we happen to be.
Sandbergs
2700 W. College Ave #9
PMB 201
Appleton, WI 54914

Bye for now! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this brings back fond memories of the Surf just south of San Fran -- right? We all miss you guys already and also find out if they need someone for achoral festival in Indonesia!

Love,

rick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home